Sunday, July 15, 2007

From the depths of Despair

Hello everyone.
This is my very first blog entry and I would just like to say hello and I hope this entry finds you happy and healthy wherever you may be reading it from. I have felt the desire to share myself with the world for quite a long time but never quite found my voice until now. Even now, the words are not flowing as easily as I would hope, but I'm sure that is just a matter of time and practice. And as I hope this blog becomes a place where you can get to know me, I guess I can relax into the fact that I am what I am and everyone will have to either accept me, reject me, or leave me at some point. I can live with that. Please know that it is not my intention to do anything here other than invite you to walk along with me as we both discover a life of beauty, compassion, health and well-being. I have felt many times as if I was on this walk alone. In fact, much of the last 10 years of my life has felt as if I was walking the earth, alone, left to experience all it has to offer without much of a sense of being at home, accepted, or even part of the society I found myself in. I was told, and believed, all sorts of things about myself, and this life, that created a furthering sense of isolation and despair. And of course, like many I've seen around myself, I would end up settling for the comfort of utterly destructive habits just to maintain some sense of familarity. And yet, that life I've known day in and day out, year after year, no longer has the power or grip on me that it used to. In fact, I'd even say it has past. I'm not talking about the challenges of life, for life is, and will always remain, a challenge to be met, but the one who responses to that challenge is new. The one who responds to the challenge of life is not the product of the past regressions, for I no longer consider myself a product of anything. I am the new life, the life ahead, and I want to invite all of you to discover your own life ahead along with me. May we grow to know each other, grow to love each other, and grow to support each other in health, happiness, truth, freedom, and discovering the beauty that is our collective humanity. Thank you for reading my thoughts and I hope you return again and again so that you may give me the gift of seeing you blossom into your radiant nature.