Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wordless Wednesday, Part 9



The land you see is not land. It is a very thin layer of volcanic sand floating on the surface of the ocean near an active underwater volcano.

"In inquiring into ourselves we are not isolating ourselves from the rest of the world. It is not an unhealthy process. Man throughout the world is caught up in the same daily problems as ourselves, so in inquiring into ourselves we are not being in the least neurotic because there is no difference between the individual and the collective. That is an actual fact. I have created the world as I am. So don't let us get lost in this battle between the part and the whole. I must become aware of the total field of my own self, which is the consciousness of the individual and of society. It is only then, when the mind goes beyond this individual and social consciousness, that I can become a light to myself that never goes out." J. Krishnamurti, "Freedom From The Known."